The music of Off the Beaten Path
CREATIVE TEAM BIOS:
Tory’s acting career spans 25 years in over 60 productions throughout 40 countries. Select credits include; The Secret Garden, Cats, Legends, Beauty and the Beast, Blood Brothers, Me and My Girl, Man of La Mancha, Grease, Evita, Anne of Green Gables, Jeremy de Bergerac, Austentacious, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Damn Yankees, My Fair Lady, Guys and Dolls, A Christmas Carol, Cyrano de Bergerac and Married Alive (with Three’s Company’s Joyce DeWitt). Tory has also worked with the world’s largest producers of musicals, Disney and Cameron Macintosh.
As a writer Tory has written the books and lyrics for: The Dragon Knight, Rhythms on the Rails and, The Fallen: A Tale of Jack the Ripper.
Nico Rhodes- Composer
A studio musician, music director, arranger/orchestrator, composer, pianist and woodwind player, Nico has written and performed with orchestra, big band, choir and for musical theatre. Recently Nico orchestrated the world premiere of the new musical The Best Laid Plans (PSP), music directed and orchestrated the hit Puttin’ on the Ritz (Belfry) and performed his original orchestrations for Tonight…Piaf! with the VI Symphony. Another of Nico’s musicals, Talking Sex, is slayed to open in early 2020 at Vancouver’s Firehall Theatre.
Eric Wigston- Additional Music
Born and raised in Edmonton, Alberta, Eric now calls Calgary his home. A graduate of the Grant MacEwan Theatre Arts program he has been working professionally all over Alberta for the last 11 years. He has been nominated for Two Betty awards (Calgary), One Sterling Award (Edmonton), and 2 Critter awards (Calgary).
Select theatre credits include: The Secret Garden, Mary and Max, Twelfth Night, One Man, Two Guvnors, A Christmas Carol (Theatre Calgary); In Flanders Fields, Lest We Forget, That Men May Fly, Dads in Bondage (Lunchbox) Touch Me: Songs for a (dis)connected Age (tc UP CLOSE w/Forte Musical Theatre), Jeremy de Bergerac (Forte); Evil Dead: The Musical (Hit and Myth Productions); Romeo and Juliet, A Christmas Carol (Citadel); The Soul Collector, Vigilante (Catalyst); Romeo & Juliet (The Shakespeare Company); Sheer Madness, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Mayfield Dinner Theatre); The Adulteress, Cause and Effect, On the Banks of the Nut (Teatro La Quindicina).
- Off the Beaten Path - Nico Rhodes, Tory Doctor.
- The Prophecy - Lori Nancy Kalamanski
- Hero of the Realm - Keelan McAuley
- I Can't Count Past Six - Lauren Culver and Kenny Babel
- It's a Roll of the Dice - Keelan McAuley
- The Dream - Kristy Swenson
- La Ditty Hey - Eric Wigston
- How Do You Want to Do This? - Eric Wigston
- You Are the More - Lauren Culver
- Roll of the Dice (Reprise) - Keelan McAuley, Selina Wong, Eric Wigston and Bryan Smith
- The Companions Mourn (Instrumental) - Nico Rhodes and Tory Doctor
- It's a Roll of the Dice (Instrumental) - Nico Rhodes, Tory Doctor.